Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rosie

This past Wednesday, Kaetlyn and I decided to walk home from school taking the Burren Way. I've been hearing people taking it to and from school and how nice of a walk it is because it's not the main road. And they were right, it's a pretty nice walk and I must say it's really nice not having to really worry about cars hitting you. So we started walking and we came to this part of the walk where we weren't sure if we were to keep going straight or turn right. That's when Rosie showed up. Rosie is this adorable border collie who we see wandering around school every now and then. We stopped at the intersection to pet her and decided to go down that way. It turns out it was the right way, and we pretty much were lead the entire way back to our house by Rosie. She knew exactly which walls to climb over, and which way the trails go. She even followed us through the village and down our street right to our front door. We tried to get her to come inside, but she must of been trained to be an outdoors only dog because she stayed put outside. We then tried giving her water, but she wouldn't go near it. We kind of didn't know what to do at that point so we said our farewells and went inside in hopes she would find her way back. After a few minutes of just sitting outside she eventually left, and I assume made it back out. Border collies are smart dogs, and Rosie seems to know her way around pretty well. So in all it was probably the best walk back from school yet. It was nice having a companion with us. I also just love how there's so many dogs here and how they're allowed to just rome where they please. I've met some pretty adorable pups whilst being here. And a lot of them are border collies and I guess I have a soft spot for them as my dog growing up was part border collie.


When I went to take a photo of this cow we saw on our walk, it would just hide behind the wall. Cows are so shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment